High Five!

📸: www.trinjensen.com
I have seen many people this week, and privileged to meet a few.  Here, the hearts are tender for the trauma in Managua Nicaragua. The stories passed from their family up north are raw.



To give you (all  of the 2-5 people who might read this), each day of my week is a different combinations of service opportunities.

Sundays: REST. I am learning to take a true Sabbath--key word learning.
Mondays: Clinic in the morning/1st grade club in afternoon
Tuesdays: Free to adventure, rest, update here, etc
Wednesdays: Clinic in the morning/ Renuevos
Thursdays: Clinic in the morning/1st grade club in afternoon
Fridays: Clinic in the morning/ Renuevos
Saturdays: VBS program for 9-15 year olds (mostly)


At a bus stop that is not a typical tourist destination- the gringas stand out. I knew this, but am learning what it actually means. I was surprised yesterday, that after only meeting some smiling faces like the one above, they knew me when I drove by, shouting my name and greeted me with fierce high fives. One week.

Above is Donavon, he is my 1:1 buddy for the next two months on Saturdays. He benefits from having me nearby to keep him safe, and I benefit from the Spanish practice. It was an easy"Yes!" when asked if I would spend each of my Saturday mornings with him. He requires an additional level of patience, and I pray in faith Jesus will provide this for me.

 I pray, Oh Lord, bless these children. Keep them safe, guard their hearts from the pains of the world. Jesus be with them all.

Comments