Postcard Prompting

May 2015: I went with Roberts Nursing to La Carpio
serving with Christ for the City



After studying abroad 6 years ago, Costa Rica has always been on my mind. Currently I'm working in a small rehabilitation center in Windsor, Vermont. My goal is to pair a career of 13-week contracts with short term mission opportunities. I received a postcard from Christ for the City advertising their needs and opportunities. Returning was always a goal for me, and with this schedule God has orchestrated for the season I'm ready to go. On August 1st I leave for my next adventure!  


I am returning to Costa Rica as a Clinic Nurse!

The clinic is located outside the capital city of San Jose. This slum adjacent to the city dump, is home to roughly 40,000 people, half of which are children, crammed into only 1.5 square miles. Most of the people who call this place home are Nicaraguan refugees with no access to healthcare, making this clinic and its services both necessary and vital. The clinic provides general outpatient services, minor surgeries, dental clinics, and gynecological procedures while additionally investing into the community spiritually through devotionals and Bible studies. The ministry also coordinates evangelistic crusades to serve the GuaymĂ­ Indians in the southern part of the country.

There are a few ways you could be a part of this incredible opportunity! 
       First, and most importantly, please join me in praying for this trip, both for my preparation and for my time in Costa Rica. Pray for…
  • The men and women who continue to invest into this community full-time. Pray that they would be renewed and encouraged in the work that they do.
  • My host family and that God would go before me to prepare that special connection. 
  • My preparation and adjustments. Though some aspects of this trip are very familiar, others will be a challenge - specifically my medical-Spanish skills.
  • The community. Many of these families are hurting from the turmoil currently in Nicaragua. Pray that the clinic and outreach programs will continue to be a light of grace and hope in their lives. 
       Second, you can also be a part of this trip in a very tangible way. The clinic has identified some specific items that they need: Multivitamins with Iron, Loratadine (Claritin), 2” and 4” ACE bandages, Insulin syringes, low dose aspirin, and TUMS. If you are interested in donating any of these items, or making a contribution toward these purchases, contact me about coordinating pick-up of items, or you can make a tax-deductible gift for supplies on the secure online link below. 

      Third, check back in- I will be posting updates of trip! 


In Christ, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jessie in Costa Rica