Si Dios Quiere

Language is a continual process, but once phrases and vocab are mastered (LOL I'm far from mastering even the simplest of these) there is another level of appreciation for another language. The cultural nuances. At the end of every good bye- most Costa Ricans say "Si Dios Queire" "If God wants". (for the record my Latin American exposer us limited to CR, not sure if this translates into other Spanish speaking countries) It is becoming easier to pronounce, but not easier to say. I stutter, and hesitate- stringing the words out for longer than they sound. To be honest,  I am not familiar with this constant welcoming of Jesus into every moment. Appreciating God's control over every future step- the day-to-day, the moment-bymoemnt, the now. Grocery shopping, taking the bus, you name it and they say this phrase. It may be cultural but for me it is a weighted prayer. A conscious effort to let Jesus be the center of my days.

Comments